Monday, August 31, 2009

Workout routine: Time consuming but very satisfying.

Since starting to workout with my son two months ago, my times in the gym have increased. Many times things come up and I'll miss a workout but this is currently a full week for me:

Monday:
11:30AM- 30 Minutes at the Gym for Pushups and Abs. (This lunchtime workout my mostly to get me out of the office without going out to eat ever day.
6:30PM- 90 Minutes at the Gym with Josh for Chest and Arms

Tuesday:
11:30AM- 30 Minutes at the Gym for Pushups and Abs.
6:30PM- 4.5 mile run with Local running club

Wednsday:
11:30AM- 30 Minutes at the Gym for Pushups and Abs.
6:30PM- 90 Minutes at the Gym with Josh for back and shoulders

Thursday:
11:30AM- 30 Minutes at the Gym for Pushups and Abs.
6:30PM- 5-6 mile run with Local running club

Friday:
11:30AM- 30 Minutes at the Gym for Pushups and Abs.
6:30PM- 90 Minutes at the Gym with Josh for Chest and Arms

Saturday:
0600- Long Run 16-22 Miles

Sunday:
6:30PM- 90 Minutes at the Gym with Josh for Back and Shoulders

Sometimes I just don't feel like going! Tonight was a good example. I ended up working late and didn't get home till 7:30. I knew if I missed it would effect my son as well so we headed out and got our workout in. A free plug for Nike here. JUST DO IT!



This photo was taken of me this weekend at the beach (yes, I skipped several workouts). It was about time for us to leave the beach and get something to eat so I grabbed my shirt and put it on. I didn't realize till later that I had grabbed the wrong shirt. The ADHD shirt I was wearing was my 15 year old sons shirt!

I would have never fit into that shirt 4 months ago. Being an ADHD kid myself, I decided to go ahead and wear the shirt for the rest of the day to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Do you agree with the theory that it takes 25 days to make a new habit last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I've heard that. Not sure if I agree with it. I've made resolutions like working out every morning for a month and I'm still able to break them easily after that. Maybe it depends on if its a good or bad habit? Easy or difficult, beneficial or detrimental?

    Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete