Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Esprit De Corps and good eating at DINFOS

My six weeks at school at Fort Meade was great for my conditioning. During this time my workouts were just running. I had myself on a very healthy diet conisting of mostly steamed veggies, fruit and good carbs like whole wheat English muffins. I really learned to appreciate fresh vegetables during this time. I took a wok and a bamboo steamer along and just threw a little of everything in there. Onions, Broccoli, mushrooms you name it.

I also discovered the beautiful taste of fresh Almond Butter. Oh man, it's like peanut to the on 11!

I also got to do something I haven't done in a few years. Run with a group of people. It really does make all the difference in the world. I started out at the back of the pack of young officers and NCO's and at the end of the six weeks I was running with them. They were great motivator, I hate getting passed up! Close to the end of the class I was I would do well on my PT test that was coming up. I wasn't concerned with passing at this point. I wanted to kick it's ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment