Monday, August 24, 2009

Faster than I have ever been in my life.

July 2009:
I found that I really enjoy running with other people. I have a competitive nature so running with others always pushes me to keep up. During my six weeks at school I was running at the back of the pack and ended up running with the younger crowd by the end of class.

I also decided to join a running club close to my home and ended up running with the Lake Ridge Runners in Woodbridge. A very small group of people but great motivation. I try to run with them at least 3 times a week.

One of the Officers in the office had to take her PT test so I thought I would tag along and see how my running time was progressing. I had not been checking my times so I had no idea where I would be. My last run was 10:19 if memory serves correctly and my goal was to break 10 minutes if I could. A secondary goal was to try and beat 10:45 which was the time my friend Dave recently ran.

I also started ran for the first time in my lightweight fivefingers shoes. Once I got started I knew my time was going to be good and as they called out my time for each lap I knew it was going to be a good run. My final time was 9:41.

9 minutes and 41 seconds to run 1.5 miles. THIS IS THE FASTEST I HAVE EVER RAN 1.5 MILES!

AT 43 YEARS OLD, I AM FASTER THAN I HAVE EVERY BEEN!

Wondering what else I am capable of?

A check of the weightbot shows I was at 208lbs on 16 July.

No comments:

Post a Comment