Sunday, September 13, 2009

One week till the marathon. 26.2. miles. Am I ready?

 
I now have less than week until I travel over 500 miles to run 26.2 miles.  At this point I have a lot of fear and doubt about being prepared.  Am I ready to run this marathon?  I've logged hundreds of miles, dropped the excess weight, and ate right foods. Even with all that preparation, things can still go wrong.  That nagging heel and ankle pain can I run with for 10 miles can grow to be unbearable when you more than double the distance.  The kids just started back to school and everyone in the house is getting sick.  There is a good change I'll be fighting some sort of virus when I get on the starting line.
At this point my race training is over.  I'll do a short run or two and some strength training but my long runs are finished.  It's time to take it easy, get lots of rest and eat some good food. I must admit I'll feeling the pressure though.  I've gotten so much support and inspiration from others and I don't want to let them, or myself, down.  No matter what happens, I promise to give it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment