Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gettin Lean by Always Having a Goal!



As I said in an earlier post, "running is easy, losing weight is hard!" . I'm getting there though.  Several months ago I set a goal to get my weight down to 190 pounds in time for the Great Wall Marathon.  It's not been easy but I'm almost there.  My weight has been hovering around 195 this week so I only have 5 pounds to go. This will put my BMI at around 23 which is a pretty comfortable running weight and will allow me to be competitive for my age group.

I've kept up my strength and core training over the winter and it made quite a difference. Not only am I lighter, I'm leaner as well.  My body fat is actually getting low enough for me to see some actual definition in my abs. Something I've never been able to achieve in the past. A 20 something six pack? Well no, but maybe an old man 3 pack?  I'll take it!

I'm eating less and enjoying it more. My new Weber Q grill have been a godsend.  I love it. Grilled fish every other night.  Grilled veggies, pineapple.  I enjoying  natural foods just a much if not more than the processed junk I used to eat and I feel much better about it.

I haven't been at a weight of 190 in decades and I've never been able to sustain it.  This time it's going to be different.  I'm going to reach the weight and continue my training for numerous new goals over the next year.  "ALWAYS HAVE A GOAL" is my new motto.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible blog. Running all those races in all those different countries with the beautiful scenery must be what gets you up in the morning. Nice.

    ReplyDelete